A blog post credit addressed on the relative Miss Lena KERLEY and you can postmarked when you look at the ily got each time over business given that “Allison Bros
- Marion Melissa COBB WARNER (July 17, 1876-Oct 6, 1961),
- Anna Atkins COBB VOLENTINE (July 17, 1878-Can get 15, 1970),
- Frances Forrest COBB Bridges (November fourteen, 1880-December 18, 1947),
- Henry Hercules COBB (August 17, 1883-Sep fifteen, 1947),
- Bertha Barnes COBB Cranky (Oct 19, 1885-December 29, 1960), and you may
- Deroswick Devalist (Val) COBB (December 7, 1888-April 24, 1934).
A post card managed on the cousin Skip Lena KERLEY and you will postmarked during the ily got at one time done business since the “Allison Bros
- Zula Yards. ALLISON A good born on 1875, which partnered a beneficial Mr. A good, possibly entitled Zeke, regarding the 1895 and try the caretaker away from a daughter Willie Allison A good, born on the 1902. Zula and you can Willie resided with her parents and more than out-of their own brothers from inside the 1910, whether or not she reported she was partnered along with come having ten years;
- Torrent T. ALLISON, created throughout the 1881 exactly who hitched Alma __;
- Homer C. ALLISON, created from the 1883 and unmarried for the 1910 [COMMENT];
To them was basically born Edward Trescott, Sue, and William Oliver, brand new later on as being the dad of this sketch, whom moved to Georgia and you will Oliver Jr
” The front of your own post credit reveals less than a graphic, “Highway Scene for the Texhoma, Oklahoma. Wrote getting Allison Bros.” The vacker Latina-flicka back of the latest card notes, “No. 319. Authored by The H. D. Lee Merc. Co., Salina, Kansas. manufactured in Germany.” This new cards is hard to read through however, appears to state “Precious Lena, We lso are[ceived] the cards and I found myself grateful to listen to off your. ” It can be finalized Zula, although the Z are unusual if it is. a couple almost every other youngsters were created in order to Sarah Ann FULLERTON COBB MEEKS, probably of wedding (in the event these could was produced to the matrimony so you can Mark and died very early.) [COMMENT]
William Oliver FARRINGTON, Jr. He had been of English ancestry along with his grand-parents, William and you will Betsy FARRINGTON settled during the Sc till the Revolution. The 2 de- Mrs. U. Griffin Wood and you will Mrs. Wm. WADDILL, just who reared families within the Arkansas and passed away. William Oliver FARRINGTON, Sr. The brand new wife gone to live in Arkansas when you look at the 1844 so there reared their particular people. The mother is a servant manager and her students hit readiness about the time of the conflict from secession. The main topic of which design enlisted to have provider on the Confederacy within commencement on period of 24 ages, and shed his package toward 3rd Arkansas cavalry once the next lieutenant and ran on the productive services on Western Department off the fresh military.
He had been ordered on front side at the beginning of 1862 under General BUCKNER to hang Forts Henry and you will Donaldson, plus in March of this year these types of forts was indeed attacked from the Commodore FEOTE having a weapon ship flotilla regarding Tennessee river by the fresh land forces from 35,000 men significantly less than Gen. Offer. Fort Henry is abandoned to bolster Fort Donaldson and once a beneficial 2 days defense Gen. BUCKNER made an unconditional surrender of 10,000 men therefore the strong hold of Fort Donaldson into the hands from Gen. Grant. Lieut. FARRINGTON is actually one of those dudes just who turned good prisoner out of conflict it at the beginning of the favorable fight. By the an excellent ruse authorized from the stormy environment and you will darkness of evening he made his ways through the guard line and you may fled so you can reenlist to have after provider throughout the [line(s) lost towards the backup] caught from the Fort Hudson, a quite interesting membership from which is compiled by him getting the new Separate and you will try typed e a prisoner of war and is transported to Johnson’s Area prison in which he stayed twenty-you to months and you may are mustered out following throw in the towel off Appomattox.